Hendricks was founded in 1930 by Herman Hendricks in Grand Rapids. They originally began by installing cast iron furnaces delivered to your home with a horse and wagon. In the 1960s, Herm Hendricks sold the business to his niece's husband, Gerald DeVries. The business was then moved to Grandville Avenue, where it operated for many years. Gerald's son John, joined the business as a teenager and became a partner with Gerald in the mid-1980's. Gerald's other son Paul, joined the business in the early 1990's and purchased Gerald's portion of the business.
The company moved to its present location on Chicago Drive, just west of Burlingame, in 2003. Paul retired in 2010 selling his portion of the business to his nephew Jeff DeVries. Father and son owned the business until Jeff’s passing in 2017. John is now the sole owner working with his nephew Travis Faber as general manager. Times have changed and so has the face of our business. Hendricks now has a fleet of trucks to provide our customers with state-of-the-art equipment and with state-of-the-art service.